Software for Students, Faculty and Staff
Adobe Creative Suite
The newest version of Adobe Creative Suite software, CS6, can be downloaded by all campus faculty, staff, and students at no cost to individuals or departments. Students can download the Adobe Creative Suite Design Premium Edition and use it throughout their time at UC Berkeley. Faculty and staff may install and use the full Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection on both their office and home computers for the duration of the site license, currently three years. Both suites include Adobe Acrobat X Pro.
- Information on eligibility and download of Adobe Creative Suite
- Obtain your license key and software at https://s.berkeley.edu/ (CalNet ID required).
- Adobe download and installation instructions
- Knowledge Base information and how-to's on Adobe
Adobe offers free online tutorials to help you get started with each product within Creative Suite.
- Learn Photoshop CS5
- Learn Acrobat X
- Learn Premier Pro CS5 & CS5.5
- Learn Illustrator CS5
- Learn InDesign CS5 & CS5.5
- Learn Flash Professional CS5 & CS5.5
- Learn Dreamweaver CS5 & CS5.5
- Getting Started: 01 Understanding Fireworks
- Getting Started (GS): What is After Effects?
Students can download one copy of Office Professional Plus or Office for Mac Home & Business and may keep the software perpetually upon graduation. Faculty and staff can download one copy of Office Professional Plus or Office for Mac Home & Business, as well as Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio. The agreement also allows faculty, staff, and students to download Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating System (OS). Upgrades include Windows 7 Enterprise, and have a free subscription to TechNet.
- Information on eligibility and download of Microsoft products
- To download software, go to http://ucbwah.onthehub.com/ (CalNet ID required).
- Download and installation instructions
Microsoft offers free online help and how-tos for their Office products, as well as free online training for: